AV-STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOP) FOR FLIGHT UNDER ORDERS
30 Nov 2020
Seventh Coast Guard District Auxiliary Policy Directive AV-SOP
Subj: STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR FLIGHT UNDER ORDERS
Ref: (a) Auxiliary Operations Policy Manual, COMDTINST M16798.3 (series)
(b) Auxiliary Manual, COMDTINST M16790.1 (series)
(c) ALCOAST Message R 042014Z OCT 06
(d) Auxiliary Aviation Training Manual, COMDTINST M16798.5 (series)
(e) Safety and Environmental Health Manual, COMDTINST M5100.47 (series)
(f) Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations, Part 91
1. PURPOSE. This instruction provides policy guidance for the conduct of Coast Guard Auxiliary flight under orders in the Seventh Coast Guard District. It is intended for use in all Auxiliary Aviation (AUXAIR) operations conducted by Air Stations Borinquen, Clearwater, Miami, and Savannah. a. This instruction contains guidance for flight operations and mission conduct including pre and post flight actions and communications related to flight.
2. ACTION. All Auxiliarists and Coast Guard units in the Seventh Coast Guard District participating in the Auxiliary Aviation Program will comply with the contents of this Directive.
3. DIRECTIVES AFFECTED. None.
4. ENVIRONMENTAL ASPECT AND IMPACT CONSIDERATIONS. Environmental considerations were examined in the development of this directive and have been determined to be not applicable.
5. FORMS/REPORTS. The most up to date forms can be found online at www.cgaux.org.
J. W. Briggs
Commander, U. S. Coast Guard
Seventh District Director of Auxiliary