Directive AV-03.1 ASSISTANT DISTRICT STAFF OFFICER-FLIGHT SAFETY (ADSO-FS)
30 NOV 2020
Seventh Coast Guard District Auxiliary Policy Directive AV-03.1
Subj: ASSISTANT DISTRICT FLIGHT SAFETY OFFICER (ADFSO)
Ref: (a) Auxiliary Operations Policy Manual, COMDTINST M16798.3 (series)
(b) Auxiliary Aviation Program, COMDTINST 16798.1 (series)
1. PURPOSE. To establish an Assistant District Flight Safety Officer (ADFSO) position at each of the aviation order issuing authorities within the Seventh District.
2. ACTION. All Auxiliary elected officers, staff Member Training Officers, and all Auxiliarists in the Seventh Coast Guard District participating in the Auxiliary Aviation Program will comply with the contents of this Directive.
3. DIRECTIVES AFFECTED. Seventh Coast Guard District Auxiliary Policy Directive AV-03 is cancelled.
a. ADFSO position is established to enhance the effectiveness of the Auxiliary Aviation Flight Safety Program within the Seventh District. This position will be filled by an active Auxiliary Aircraft Commander who shows a personal dedication to aviation safety and a willingness to work throughout their Air Station AOR on this program.
b. The ADFSO is encouraged to actively collaborate with their respective Air Station Safety Officers to help enhance the Auxiliary Aviation Safety Program.
c. The duties of the ADFSO are contained in enclosure (1).
4. ACTION. All Auxiliary elected officers, staff Member Training Officers, and all Auxiliarists in the Seventh Coast Guard District participating in the Auxiliary Aviation Program will comply with the contents of this Directive.
5. RESPONSIBILITY. The District Staff Officer–Aviation (DSO-AV) is tasked with recommending changes for this Directive to the Director via the District Chief of Staff.
J. W. Briggs
Commander, United States Coast Guard
Director of Auxiliary
Seventh Coast Guard District